Sunday, July 24, 2011

Teaser from Storm Warning - excerpt from Chapter Five

  Kelli rolled on to her side and looked at Kevin. “I’ve been thinking.”
  “You know you can hurt yourself doing that,” he said with a grin.
  “Okay, smartass. I’m serious.”
  “Sorry, you were saying.”
  “Well, you are spending a lot more time here, and I think things are going really well. I was thinking that instead of you keeping your place, maybe you could just move in.”
  Kevin shifted, lifted himself up on his elbow and looked at her. “Really? I mean, yeah, things are going great between us, but do you think we’re really ready for that?”
  Kelli closed her eyes, took a deep breath and lay back down. “Shit, Kevin, I’m not sure about anything. I just think that maybe we could try again,” she said and looked at him. “I just know that when you’re not here I miss you.”
  Kevin leaned over and kissed her forehead. “I miss you too, but don’t you think we should take it slow this time?”
  She turned her eyes toward the ceiling and fought back the tears. “I just miss us. I’m not saying that I wasn’t a real bitch during our marriage, I was, but I’ve changed. I’m not drinking any more, and I won’t put my career ahead of us.”
  Kevin moved closer and put his hand to her cheek. “If you really want this,” he said, as he leaned in and kissed her, “then we’ll try.”
  “I don’t want to make you do anything you don’t want to do, Kevin. Are you sure you want this?”
  “Baby, I just want you to be happy.”
  She put her arms around his neck, pulled him close and kissed him. She had never loved him more than at this moment, and she knew then that this was the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment