Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sneak Peek Saturday - Excerpt from the upcoming Kelli Storm Novel - Eye of the Storm


Wednesday October 9th– 9:08 A.M. – East Elmhurst
Rikers Island– Otis Bantum Correctional Center


Kelli sat silent, her arms crossed as she stared across the metal table at Nicholas “Big Nick” Salvino, a thin smile on her face. She stood and walked around behind him. “That was either the Russians coming for payback, or it was your own people out to make sure that you don’t talk. Either way, you’re a marked man, Salvino.”
Salvino cocked his head around, looked up at her and pursed his lips. “Kiss my ass, cop. I’m not telling you a fucking thing, so go fuck yourself. I want to see my attorney.”
Kelli walked back to the other side and sat. “That’s your prerogative, asshole, but once you call in your lawyer, you lose. If it was your people that did this, do you think for one minute that they won’t try it again as soon as you walk out of here?”
Salvino pushed back from the table, crossed his arms and tilted his head back. “I said to fuck off.”
She looked at Greg, shrugged and looked back at Salvino. “Okay, Salvino, I’ll fuck off, but you’re the one who’s fucked. Maybe your pal Giannola will have better sense.”
“Shit, the only thing Skinny Dom is going to tell you is to kiss his ass.”
“We’ll see,” she said and turned to Greg. “I guess he’d rather get a bullet to the back of the head. Come on, let’s go talk to this other wise guy, see if he wants to take the deal.”
Greg looked at Salvino and back at Kelli. “He’d have to be stupid not to, if he wants to stay alive that is.” He looked back at Salvino and shook his head. “Never understood why they call themselves wise guys.”


****


    Dominic “Skinny Dom” Giannola ducked his head as he stepped through the door and into the room, eying the corrections officer as he crossed to the table. Kelli and Greg were already seated as the man lowered himself into a chair opposite them.
    He looked them over, cocking his head to one side, then the other. “What the fuck you want?”
    Kelli glanced at Greg, and then focused on Giannola. “I’m going to make you the same offer I made your friend Salvino, a chance to stay alive. You turn over your boss, and in exchange you’ll be relocated and given a new identity. Don’t take the deal, and you’re back on the streets with a target on your back.”
    “You’re full of shit. There ain’t nobody out to kill me or Nick. That was just some punks trying to make a name, that’s all. I’ve known the Ferrucci family for a long time, and there ain’t no way they’d want to kill either of us. I’m bettin’ that Nick told you to kiss his ass, didn’t he? Well, you can kiss my ass too, bitch.”
    “I take it that means you’re going to pass on my offer. Okay, I’ll tell you what I told your friend, you’re a marked man, Giannola. You can bet that as soon as you get out, you’re a dead man. There’s going to be somebody waiting for you, and they won’t be there to give you a ride home.”
    Giannola leaned back and crossed his arms. “Like I said, kiss my ass,” he said and stood. “Hey, C.O, I want to go back to my cell now.” He looked down at Kelli, a scowl on his face. “I’ll see you later, bitch.” He turned, walked to the door and banged his right hand against the bars. “I said I want to go back to my cell, now.”

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Kelli, I am ready for this next adventure. It looks like you are off to a great start. I see a lot of ass kickin' in your future and showing the bad guys who's boss. Can't wait for the book to add to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see that you like the series. Yes, Kelli is definitely doing some ass kickin' in this book. I still have a lot of plot threads to wrap up, but I hope to release this one in late August.

      Delete