Thursday, October 1, 2015

My review of Run Between the Raindrops by Dale Dye (Capt. USMC, Retired)

Great book by Dale Dye (Captain, USMC, Retired) I just got through reading it today and here is my review. If you love historical military fiction, you will love this book. But judge for yourself. It's set in Vietnam during the battle of Hue City.

5.0 out of 5 stars
 

Semper Fi - Great book by Dale Dye
 

By Kennhoss on October 1, 2015

Format: Paperback Verified Purchase

From the time I started reading this amazing book by Dale Dye, I was immersed in the battle for Hue and right in the thick of it with the Marine combat correspondent telling the story. I especially liked Dale's use of the Code of the Grunt throughout the book. I would quote one of my favorites, but Amazon might delete my review due to language content. Great book! Semper Fi, Marine!

***************************

The blood-drenched Navy Corpsman had it right as he labored to keep yet another Marine alive on the mean street of Hue City: “Getting out of Hue alive is like trying to run between raindrops without getting wet.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment