Sunday, March 4, 2012

Teaser Sunday - From Storm Warning - A Kelli Storm Novel

Just to whet the appetite. Mean of me, isn't it?




  He put a hand on her shoulder and looked into her eyes. “Are you going to be able to do this? All you have to do is tell me, and I’ll get you all the time off you need.”
  She shook her head. “It’s better if I stay busy. Besides, I owe this motherfucker,” she said as she rubbed her thigh.
  “Then get your ass out on the street and get busy,” he said and smiled.
  “Okay, okay,” she said and put her hands up. “You going to give me time to grab my partner before you toss me on the street,” she said and laughed.
  “Yeah, sure. I’m feeling magnanimous this morning.”
   Kelli looked at him and shook her head. “Magnanimous? What, did you get a new Word-a-Day calendar?”

No comments:

Post a Comment